Saturday, September 12, 2009

A lazy day in Broome

As I arrived in Broome a day early - I had a bit of time to go over the gear and check that things were ship-shape (a task I started first thing in the morning).
So after brekkie I headed into town for a much needed Long Mac.
I went for a bit of a 4WD along Cable Beach and had a quick dip in the ocean in the "clothing optional" area of the beach to cool off as it was mid 30's and a bit humid.
Afterwards I went for a walk along the beach near the resort and found a fellow paragliding in the updraft off the sand-dunes.  He was entertaining the crowd quite nicely and only crashed once a little bit.  It looked like a whole heap of fun.
The pub ended up as a good place to watch the Doggies whip the Lions and the Storm to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment